We implement a range of development projects and strategies supporting the sustainable development and transformation of the Moravian-Silesian Region. Our concept of sustainable development rests on three pillars – people, nature and business – and it is supported by innovation to guide the Region’s transformation.
- After elaborating a new concept for the revitalization of former coal mining sites in the Karviná region, we have created a long-term project (POHO2030) which is currently a major focus of our activities.
- We organize and participate in expert working groups consisting of key regional representatives to coordinate the Moravian-Silesian Region’s long-term strategic and development goals.
- We plan and implement development strategies and projects for the Region, cities and municipalities.
- We are a key participant in the RE:START programme, which supports economic restructuring in the Moravian-Silesian, Ústí and Karlovy Vary Regions.
- We participate in meetings of the European Commission’s ‘Coal Regions in Transition’ platform, which has been set up to assist in the transformation of coal-mining regions.
- We administer the Employee Mobility project, which enables selected target groups to travel free of charge within Ostrava’s public transport network.
For more information, please contact:
Ing. Lukáš Adámek
Head of the Development Projects Section
+420 720 030 080
The former Gabriela coal mine, Grand opening - POHO2030, 17.7.2019
Signing the memorandum on cooperation
There are 36 signatories to the memorandum on cooperation
Presenting the conclusions and results of the concept for the revitalization of former coal mining sites
The Barbora coal mine
Discussing the concept at a stakeholder workshop